Set amongst field upon field of sunflowers, corn and local produce in a French hamlet, with quiet country lanes, historic church and local convenience stores & bar, great for freshly baked bread and last minute provisions. 'The Retreat' is a traditional Charentes farmhouse/barn conversion complete with exposed stone walls and oak beams, hidden in the peaceful and picturesque Charente-Maritime region of South West France.
The Retreat is the idyllic location for your 'get away from it all holiday'. The perfect place to spend quality time with both family and friends; yet close enough to explore this fascinating region with its beautiful beaches, great restaurants, festivals, cognac distilleries, famous wine producers and much more.
The cottage itself comprises of;
- Lounge: Spacious, light area with two four seater sofas, wood burning stove, UK satellite TV, French satellite TV, WiFi sound bar and DVD player to enjoy your lazy evenings.
- Kitchen: A large well equipped modern kitchen with plentiful worktop space (9 m) for food preparation. Appliances include electric cooker, dishwasher, tumble dryer, washing machine, fridge, freezer and the all important wine cooler! Coffee machine, microwave, kettle, blender and all utensils you will require for your perfect stay.
- Dining: Adjoining the kitchen is a dining area with ample seating for at least six people. Interestingly, the bespoke dining table is made from the Manchester Velodrome track, you can dine on the same wood as Olympic & World champions have made history.
- Ground floor bedroom: Hidden behind a period sliding door is 'The Garden' bedroom, the master bedroom of the house. It is complimented with double patio doors leading to it's own terrace, A double bed, refreshing walk-in shower and sink complete this beautiful haven.
An airy staircase and landing lead to;
- Bedroom number two: A traditional French Corbiere double bed is the center piece of this light and welcoming bedroom with ample storage and delightful view over the front of the property and surrounding countryside.
- Bedroom number three: Includes twin beds, ample storage and view to the rear garden and pool.
- Family bathroom: Modern stylish bathroom comprising of bath with hand held shower, sink and w.c.
Outside the cottage:
- Lawns: The cottage is surrounded by extensive lawned areas to all sides, where there is ample space to relax and play. Children and adults alike can enjoy a wooden framed swing set, table tennis table, full size pool table, or even try their hand at petanque. Fire pit BBQ.
- Front: To the front of the property there is a full width terrace complete with sun loungers, a sail shaded area for 'alfresco' dining or getting away from the heat of the mid-day sun.
- Rear: To the rear of the property is a (14m X 4m) private heated swimming pool, enclosed within a walled garden complete with child safe gates & pool alarm, sun loungers, parasols and a shaded dining area ideal for lunch. The pool is available to guests of 'The Retreat' between the hours of 9am and 6pm.
- BBQ area.
- Ample off road parking is available.
- Although you will need a car for your holiday, there is a selection of bicycles available for use at no extra cost.
- All rooms are fully furnished with fresh cotton bedding, duvets and pillows.
- White bathroom towels and bathrobes are included, however, you will need to provide your own beach/pool towels.
The cottage has shutters on all windows that allow the house to keep cool in the heat of the long summer days.